Skype sex is a type of sexual activity that takes place over the Skype communication platform or any video calling platform.
The beauty of these video sex calls is that they give people the opportunity to engage in sexual activity with each other without needing to be in the same room or even the same country.
Skype sex is becoming more popular among all generations of adults for the following reasons:
- To increase the level of intimacy in a relationship
- To add excitement to a sexual relationship
- To enable long-distance couples to remain sexually connected
- These convenient yet intimate dates can be done in groups or one on one
- For those who are shy or uncomfortable with face-to-face sexual encounters
- For people that enjoy casual online sex with strangers
Table of Contents
How to set the mood for the perfect Skype date
Setting the mood will always be the best thing you can do before your hot Skype sex date begins. And it all comes down to creating an alluring and relaxed atmosphere where you and your date will feel comfortable and excited about virtually exploring each other’s bodies. Here’s how you can create this kind of environment:
Make your space distraction-free
Make sure you’re in a quiet, private space where you won’t be interrupted. This means turning off your phone, closing the door, and putting away any other distractions.
Set the scene
To create an atmosphere that makes you and your date feel sexy and relaxed, try setting up a soft light source (avoid harsh overhead lighting), light some candles and place them in sight, and put on some soft and romantic background music. Or, really, whatever kind will get you and your partner in the mood.
Dress the part
Wear something that makes you feel sexy and super confident. Maybe this means you throw on some lingerie, a sexy little nightgown, or a cosplay costume. Whatever it is, make sure it will turn on your date.
Do some warm-up self-pleasure
Before your date even begins, getting the pleasure going is a good idea. Experiment with different kinds of stimulation (including both clitoral and vaginal), and get yourself as aroused as possible.
Take some time to touch your body all over. This will not only make Skype sex more enjoyable for you, but it will also help turn your partner on to see you so aroused right off the bat.
Next, make sure your tech is good to go
Once the mood is set, you can start setting up your gear. Make sure your internet connection is strong, your webcam is in focus, and your lighting is set up in a flattering and functional way.
These steps are important because if your internet connection weakens, your Skype sex session will be plagued by god-awful lag and endless buffering, which is far, far from being sexy.
Your webcam also needs to be in focus.
Nothing kills the mood like trying to have a sexy time when you can’t even see each other clearly. So before you hit the “call” button, adjust your camera and make sure everything looks good.
Finally, good lighting is essential for Skype sex. You want your partner to be able to see you, so make sure there’s plenty of light in the room. Soft, romantic lighting is always best.
Communication – the key to having the best virtual date
Communicating with your date about your fantasies, kinks, or fetishes will help you both get on the same page and will help you ensure that you get exactly what you need.
If you’re feeling a bit nervous about this part, take a look at the following tips:
- Start out with a simple conversation about what turns you on. It’s important to be open and honest about what turns you on. You should express things you agree or disagree with, and then continue talking about things you don’t enjoy. This way, you’ll know how far to take things and any boundaries you should be aware of.
- Try suggesting fantasies to explore and see if your date would suit it. Start telling your date, in detail, all the things you want to do to them if they were in the same room as you. And from here, the chemistry will take over, and things will get hot fast.
- Finally, sit back and enjoy the view.