A good office interior design has the power to influence employees to work hard and improve their productivity. Where there is an eye-pleasing environment, there is happiness and peace. Where there is happiness and peace, there is a great zeal to do something good. So, if you are willing to change the appearance of your office, you will find helpful ideas in this blog post. So, read on.
1) Open Floor Plans
The open floor plan has been in existence since 1990. This office interior design technique has many benefits, including better traffic flow, easy communication, and shared light. Open floor plans are cheap too, as you will no longer need to spend extra bucks on constructing walls. Also, there is something so breezy about open floor plans. Your employees won’t feel suffocated at all. Ultimately, they will have good health and yield better output.
2) Colours Affect Minds
Colours play an important role in office interior design. If you are confused about which colours to consider for the office, here’s a guide for you.
- Red: Red is a powerful colour that can evoke strong emotions or sometimes, even a fight or flight response. The red colour is a stimulus for people working in physically-demanding jobs, including personal trainers, tradesmen, etc.
- Blue: Blue colour is known to stabilize a foggy mind and boost focus. This colour is perfect for the office as sometimes due to work pressure, employees start feeling dizzy and lazy and this colour will add wakefulness to their minds and supports transparent communication. If your office projects require employees to have maximum focus, you can go for a blue office interior designing idea.
- Yellow: Yellow generates positive vibes. It happens to raise people’s confidence levels and set your mood right for great output. There are numerous fields, such as web designing, writing, graphic designing, art, advertising and marketing, and photography that require great creativity and the yellow colour will do that work for you.
- Green: This colour is eye-soothing and creates a sense of security in people.
3) Multipurpose Spaces
Multipurpose spaces are a great way to make your jobs a lot easier. For instance, having the same room for your meetings as well as your regular work space is a good idea. This way, you can conduct the meeting whenever you want without bothering your employees to go to another room for the meeting. Another way to make your office rooms multipurpose is to make the small area spaces for two employees where they can work, take a break, and eat. You can also add a desk lamp at each individual’s desk and they will feel more connected to the office and as a result, their performance will improve.
4) Modern Office Furniture
Sometimes office desks have a bunch of cords protruding out and it looks unattractive and repulses employees. Also, the cords can be hazardous. That’s why employers should invest in modern furniture that will hide the chords from the sight of employees. Otherwise, you can only imagine what it would be like if an employee’s foot got stuck in the cords. Not only you will suffer output loss but your employee will also be injured a great deal. To avoid such unwanted incidents in the office, you should go for contemporary office interior designing.
5) Nature is the Queen
Never underestimate the beauty of nature. Nature has the power to heal. You can add indoor plants to your office to make your employees fresh and relaxed. Sometimes, workload causes excess anxiety and depression in employees and plants can stabilise their mood. To make your office look lively, you can add the following plants, such as cacti, air plants, pothos, ZZ plant, spider plants, snake plants, succulents, bamboo, peace lily, red aglaonema, Rex Begonia, English ivy, etc. These are a cheap low cost office interior design options. Furthermore, if you keep mini-plants on each desk, your employees’ minds will flood with creative and innovative ideas, which is ultimately good for your office.
6) Window Views
Window views are to die for. When you look outside the window, you see a different world and it refreshes your mind. Also, natural light from windows reduces electric lights and your pockets will be saved. Having windows in the office is like having a view to possibly beautiful scenery. For instance, if your office is on the ground floor, your windows will show you moving cars, people, etc. You might think it may be distracting for employees. But it is not. They will be able to work better as they feel connected to the outer world. On the other hand, if your office is on the top floor, you will get the feel of the sky, clouds, and birds.
Some of the top current window trends include the following:
- Aluminium windows
- Larger windows
- Easy slide operators
- Black window frames
- Pass-through windows
Do you know having a gym in the office can render great benefits to your employees? Most of the office hours are from 10 am -7 pm. Due to long working hours, employees rarely get a chance to look after their physical health. When your employees are in bad physical health, you don’t get the desired output. Their performance will drop and your clients will be disappointed, too.
One way to boost their physical health is to construct a gym area in your office. Out of long working hours, encourage your employees to go to the gym. This way, they will be in good shape both physically and mentally and perform better. It is also a good method to increase employee loyalty.
Some gym office interior designing ideas:
- Choose the theme for your gym area, such as modern, minimalistic, rustic, eclectic, vintage, etc. You can also ask your employees for suggestions.
- Decide what services you will be offering in your office gym. Get the right gym equipment and machines.
- Choose the comfy flooring, including rubber, artificial grass, etc.
Try the above-mentioned office interior design ideas for the great productivity of your employees. These ideas are convenient and pocket-friendly and yield good outcomes.