Six Sigma certification is a disciplined, data-driven approach and splashing methodology for sidelining the weakness (driving towards six standard sigma variations between the mean and the nearest limit of any area) in any process – from manufacturing to transactional that drives towards the product to service.
Six Sigma certification confirms an individual’s capabilities concerning specific competencies. For example, like any quality certification program, however, it does not indicate that an individual can achieve unlimited process improvement – just that they have completed the requirements from the company granting the certificate.
Six Sigma is known for its statistical-based, data-driven approach and continuous understanding for eliminating defects in a product, process, or service. Six Sigma is used as a measure of process performance.
What are the different levels in six sigma certifications?
There are five different levels of six sigma certification one should know.
- Six Sigma White Belt:
Six Sigma White Belt-certified training courses are battened towards providing a fundamental concept of comprehension of the Lean Six Sigma outline. It involves process improvement, variability, and adverse effects on process performance and gives in-deep information about the specific roles that every team member plays.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt:
Six Sigma Yellow Belt is a basic-level course, and it teaches you some primary methodologies and sweeps a few of the advanced underlying procedures along with meaningful aspects. Employees with Yellow Belt’s six sigma certification are beginners, and they get all the required training, but still, they need to be trained more to be given independent projects. Independent projects are the ones in which the person acts as the head or manager.
- Six Sigma Green Belt:
The Six Sigma Green Belt certification is considered a training and certification course that allows every person to learn how to create charts, process maps, and power an entire schedule to guide other employees to describe the best green belt Six Sigma roles within an organization. The Green Belt certification designation mostly belongs to the team glass leader or a superior member of the team working directly with the team member.
Employees with Six Sigma Green Belt certification are the most-wanted ones by the industries because they are the ones that are given the practical training and also some knowledge about the DMAIC (Define Measure, Analyze Improve Control) Method. They are given extensive six sigma green belt training courses to improve their understanding.
- Six Sigma Black Belt:
The Six Sigma Black Belt Certification course prepares individuals to perform factorial experiments and several regressions and best decisions on the various types of process optimization. A Black Belt should be able to get through the team dynamics and assign different team members multiple roles and responsibilities according to their skill levels.
Employees with six sigma black belt certification or with Champion certification are the ones that help the Yellow Belts and Green Belts. These are given six sigma black belt training courses. Black Belts ensure that proper six sigma methods are used in the processes, while Champions are the heads of the projects that monitor the overall process.
- Master Black Belt:
This is a two-week program considered in Master Black Belt training as the highest Six Sigma certification program. It provides an advanced and highly focused approach to Six Sigma projects and statistical methods.
It is a valuable certification course for someone who engages with a team or is part of executive leadership. The Master Black Belt Six Sigma professional should be able to answer procedural questions and resolve any complex technical issues.
What are the reasons to join Six sigma certification?
- While Numerous organizations follow six Sigma in itself, its use and influence are on the wane in the industry.
- Lean methodologies provide an alternative, practical and well-attested body of ideas to draw on in the context of continual improvement. Lean thinking is here to stay, evolving and changing and staying relevant as a body of thought to draw on.
- The statistical tenets of Six Sigma should have been expanded upon in light of new developments in statistics and corrections to the process model that Six Sigma originally posited. However, this has yet to happen. What we see today in terms of advanced analytics techniques – Bayesian modeling, machine learning, and deep learning – allows us to solve problems in more robust and verifiable ways than the statistical significance testing used in Six Sigma.
- The emphasis on p-values in Six Sigma has led to problems like truth inflation, p-hacking, and the questionable use of statistics by Six Sigma practitioners. Of late, the scientific community and critical journals like Nature have called into question the veracity of p-values and their utility.
- Sampling errors and sampling-based problems are common in Six Sigma. They could be alleviated using techniques like streaming data, large-scale data collection and sampling, and other methods, which allow for sophisticated and robust ways of solving problems and improving systems.
What is the requirement for six sigma certifications?
Green belt requirements
The Six Sigma Green Belt certification requires at least three years of work experience in one or two areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge. Candidates pursuing the same must have worked in a full-time, paid role, paid intern, co-op, or any other coursework that cannot be counted or applied towards the work experience requirement.
Black belt requirements
Six sigma black belt is A level after three Initial levels of Six sigma certifications. A black belt certification is an expert-level certificate that can make you an expert in getting complex business problems solved. To do a Six sigma black belt certification, you must first pass the Six sigma green belt certification. Then, only you can do the Six sigma black belt certification.
Simplilearn online learning provides six sigma certification programs to master your skills. As you all saw the importance of six sigma certification, it is beneficial and designed to get you the knowledge you need to pass your exam in the first place.
For any further information, clarification, or career guidance related to the topic, feel free to call us: 1800-212-7688.