Because your kitchen serves as the focal point for the vast bulk of your daily activities, it must be both functional and attractive. Whether you’re cooking, cleaning, dining, or entertaining, the kitchen should be a place you enjoy spending time in, and thoughtful kitchen design can help you get there. If you’re planning a kitchen remodel or Reinvent Your Kitchen or building a new kitchen, these ideas can help you create a space you’ll love.
Follow these tips from the best interior designers in Lucknow on planning, organising, and must-have features to create an appealing and functional kitchen design that meets all of your needs.
- Arrange Things in the Order in which You will Need Them to Reinvent Your Kitchen
When arranging a kitchen, think about how and where you use things on a regular basis. Breakfast items and dishes should be kept close to the breakfast station. Keep wraps and plastic containers in one convenient location near a work area for wrapping leftovers. Interior designers in Lucknow suggest placing dishware and flatware near the dishwasher to facilitate unloading.
- Have Roomy Walkways to Reinvent Your Kitchen
Make sure there is enough space between the cabinets and the island for you to move around comfortably. Paths in a modern kitchen should be at least 36 inches wide as a general rule. According to some interior designers in Lucknow, cooking zone lanes in a one-cook kitchen should be 42 inches wide, and 48 inches wide in a two-cook kitchen. Adjust kitchen islands and peninsulas as needed while designing.
- Extend Your Cupboards All the Way to the Ceiling
Don’t waste all that space on top of your cabinets – it’s impossible to clean up there anyway! Instead, extend the cabinetry to the ceiling or install additional cupboards in that area to store extra items. Interior designers in Lucknow believe that will draw your attention upward, adding height to your otherwise small kitchen.
- Think about the Work Triangle
When arranging your kitchen, consider the flow of your workstation, also known as the work triangle in the design community. According to the interior designers in Lucknow, the work triangle is the distance between your stove, refrigerator, and sink. A good triangle will result in an efficient workflow and allow you to easily switch between the three most frequently used spots. A skewed work triangle forces you to travel all over the modern kitchen design to reach the most important components. Consider running across the room to drain a pot of boiling noodles. It is not very user-friendly.
- Lighting is Crucial
It may appear simple but having the right amount of light in your kitchen design is crucial. It astounds me how often this design feature is overlooked!! In any kitchen, the three types of lighting listed below are recommended –
- General Lights – These are the lights that illuminate the entire room. Recessed pot lights are the best way to evenly distribute light throughout a space, so I usually recommend them for general lighting. They can be quickly dimmed for parties or to set the mood for that romantic meal with the addition of dimmer switches. Pendant light fixtures over islands and tables are another example of general lighting, but we prefer to use larger statement pieces that add an elegant touch here.
- Task Lighting – It’s exactly what it sounds like, lighting that aids in the completion of specific tasks. Under-cabinet lighting, for example, or lighting above the stove. Overhead lighting frequently casts shadows behind the cabinets, making prep work on the countertops difficult, if not impossible. If your finger does not see the knife’s blade approaching! Ouch!
If you enjoy cooking, you’ll agree that having a well-designed kitchen can be extremely relaxing. With these tips, you can create a kitchen that is not only beautiful but also extremely functional. Professional interior design firms like Livspace, on the other hand, maybe your best bet if you want that professional look. You can get all-around services for your interior design in Lucknow from companies like Livspace to give your kitchen or any other room a whole new look! To learn more about their services, schedule a free consultation.
Leave a Reply